Each gorgeous little pony is hand crafted from sterling silver and plated with rhodium vermeil, a brighter and shiner version of silver and form of platinum. Ponies can be customised with beautiful precious stone eye settings, rhodium ponies are available with a choice of diamond, sappahire and pink tourmaline eyes. All animals come with a matching chain with variable lengths which can be worn at 16, 17 or 18 inches.
Bespoke orders can also be created especially for you including solid rhodium animals, please contact us for more information.
Rhodium Pony Necklace
10% of the proceeds from each little pony are donated to The Society for the Protection of Animals Abroad. SPANA works with some of the poorest countries in the world to improve the welfare of working animals such as equines, camels and elephants.
Plating is a process where a layer of gold is placed on to coat the surface of another metal. As the jewelry is not 100% solid gold, extra care should be taken to maximise its lifespan. Anything plated will eventually tarnish with time and wear.
To decrease the chances of fading here are easy ways on keeping the luster of your gold plated jewellery.
· Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold-plated jewellery.
· Showering with your jewellery on can cause it to tarnish faster.
· Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated ring, bracelet or necklace.
· Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, and perfume may react with metal/plated jewelry and cause it to tarnish. This is also true for sweat, so make sure you remove your gold plated jewelry when you exercise or doing anything requiring heavy work and when swimming.
· After every use, clean your plated jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewellery using a soft jewelry cloth, helps restore shine. Do *not* use a polishing cloth as this will strip away the plating.