Often known as sea cows these adorable little creatures are at risk from loss of habitat, increased boat traffic and environmental changes. Our little manatee is hand crafted from sterling silver and plated with rhodium which is a form of platinum before being set with precious stones for eyes. Rhodium is much brighter and keeps its lustre much longer than silver.
Rhodium manatees are available with a choice of diamond, ruby or emerald eyes. All animals come with a matching chain with variable lengths which can be worn at 16, 17 or 18 inches.
Rhodium Mini Manatee Necklace
Plating is a process where a layer of gold is placed on to coat the surface of another metal. As the jewelry is not 100% solid gold, extra care should be taken to maximise its lifespan. Anything plated will eventually tarnish with time and wear.
To decrease the chances of fading here are easy ways on keeping the luster of your gold plated jewellery.
· Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold-plated jewellery.
· Showering with your jewellery on can cause it to tarnish faster.
· Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated ring, bracelet or necklace.
· Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, and perfume may react with metal/plated jewelry and cause it to tarnish. This is also true for sweat, so make sure you remove your gold plated jewelry when you exercise or doing anything requiring heavy work and when swimming.
· After every use, clean your plated jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewellery using a soft jewelry cloth, helps restore shine. Do *not* use a polishing cloth as this will strip away the plating.